Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Jamie's Kisses....

When I was a little girl, I wanted to be writer.  I created characters and filled countless notebooks with stories and poems.  I loved that world of make-believe.

I love to hear the stories of others.  I want to know where they are coming from, what their journey has been like, how they’ve become who they are, how they got to where they are in life.  I love the stories.

I have been wanting to do a blog for a long time, but each time I get started, I hesitate because here’s the thing…when it comes to my own life, I’m not really sure what story I want to tell yet.

me and my goofball
I mean, when I look at my day-to-day life, I see it all.  My seven-year-old son is amazingly clever and so, so goofy, so comedy is plentiful in my world. There’s a bit of melodrama (I am a woman, after all).  There has been an epic journey – one of brokenness, discovery, and ultimately, faith.  There have been tragedies so great that I may never find the words to describe them.  And through it all, there has been one extraordinary romance.


I’m not sure what I will feel compelled to share… big things, little things, silly things.  But it’s nice to have an outlet to share.

So…. Once upon a time… there was me.  This is my story.

Oh, and by the way – a big shout out to the little-known 90’s group, Pep Squad.  They gave me the name for my blog.  I don’t know that they ever had any hits, but they were smart enough to know that “Jamie’s Kisses Are Like Candy Canes on Christmas.”

No comments:

Post a Comment